For those who have already registered…come in and make sure it’s a good fit for you!
Take our Prediabetes Risk Test today!
This course is a year-long lifestyle change program. You’ll learn, laugh, share stories, try new things and build new habits — all while lowering your risk of type 2 diabetes and improving your heath.
For anyone who qualifies through our pre-screening process for being at risk for diabetes. Please fill out our PRE-SCREENING FORM and return by email to email@example.com or at the Member Services Desk at the Y.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
• Eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
• Add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time
• Deal with stress
• Cope with challenges that can derail your hard work – like how to choose healthy food when eating out
• Get back on track if you stray from your plan – because everyone slips now and then
All classes will be held at the Mesabi Family YMCA
• 12 Weekly Sessions : Tuesdays from 6:00 – 7:00PM October 3 – December 5
• 6 Bimonthly Sessions: December 19 – March 27
• Monthly Sessions: Dates TBD
FREE – This class is regularly $429 but is being offered free by the Mesabi Family YMCA with support from Essentia Health and Healthy Northland.
Pre-diabetes screening forms are available at the Member Services Desk or online at MESABIYMCA.ORG.
Learn more at doIhaveprediabetes.org.