If you are looking to cancel your membership with the Mesabi Family YMCA, please complete the cancellation form below! Please be aware that if you have had your membership for less than 6 months, there will be a $50.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations must be submitted by the 15th of the month to take effect the end of the current month.
(I.E. Cancellation submitted March 3rd, cancellation takes effect March 31st.)
Cancellations submitted after the 15th of the month will take effect the end of the next month.
(I.E. Cancellation submitted March 16th will take effect April 30th.)
** Please note that you can only cancel the entire membership, we cannot separate individuals on the same membership **
- SPECIAL MESSAGE -
WOULD YOU CONSIDER KEEPING YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACTIVE?
- I can completely understand your desire to cancel your membership. We recognize this is a very uncertain time, but we are asking you to consider staying with us during this time. As we pivot our services for the safety of our community.
- Regardless of COVID-19, there are kids we are still trying to serve, parents and hospital workers who need our child care.
- Multiple hospitals and healthcare providers have reached out to the Y with the need for child care for their employees.
- The community is counting on the Y to allow hospital workers to be able to continue to work and we are working hard through this crisis to be there for them.
- We need members like you to stay with us and help us provide these critically needed services.
- I would ask that you consider we are a community benefit non-profit and membership dues are the foundation of our work.
- Also, if you would like some help to remain fit at home during this crisis, we are excited to announce that we are launching a free online service through youtube called Y360. This information can be found through our website.
- We understand your concerns but ask that you help us be a part of the solution and keep your membership active.
Would you consider delaying your cancellation for a couple of months while we provide these critical services to our community during these uncertain times?
- We have found in other similar situations members are very understanding and want to be here for the community.