The Y is a membership organization. Belonging to the Y means sharing in the values and mission the Y has offered its members since 1844. We offer the following member benefits as part of your Y Membership:
- Free Group Fitness Classes – ages 15+
- Free orientation to our Fitness Center
- Free Open Swim & Gym times – some age restrictions apply
- No membership contracts
- Reduced member rates for classes and programs
- AWAY privileges (Always Welcome At YMCAs)
- Free Kid Care service for those with family memberships
- Pool – 25 yards long, 7 ft deep, 4 lanes, 82-84 degrees, 36 laps = 1 mile
- Gym – 36 laps = 1 mile
- YMCA Bring a Friend for FREE Day! First Friday of every month!
Here’s a chance to share the Y with your friends! Adult members are welcome to bring a friend to the Y the first Friday of each month…for FREE. Just stop at the Member Services Desk and mention that you have a friend with you. We will ask your friend to sign in and you’ll be able to enjoy all the YMCA has to offer.
||Monthly Bank Draft Rate|
|Youth (6 months-14 yrs)||$10||$17|
|Teen/Young Adult (15-24)||$30||$32|
|Active Older Adult (62+)||$60||$43|
- Family Membership is defined as: Two adults with/without children residing at the same address.
- Your first month payment may be a prorated partial month payment depending on when you join.
- Joiner Fee applies to new members. A new member is anyone who has not had an active membership in the past 6 months.
- Annual memberships are available, multiply monthly rate by 12.
- The Y charges an NSF return fee of up to $30 on all returned payments.
- LOCKER RENTAL: We have a limited number of small lockers in the men’s and women’s locker rooms available for members to rent ($10/month). Contact Jessica at 749-8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details or to start your rental.
- MEMBERSHIP CARD: Your membership card is your YMCA identification. All members must present their Y membership card for entrance to the facility. Your initial membership card is free of charge. There is a $5 charge for replacement cards.
SHORT TERM MEMBERSHIP
Short term memberships are available in one to six month options. All short term memberships must be paid for in-full at the time the membership is started. No Joiner Fee applies to short term memberships.
The short term membership monthly rates are:
Teen/Young Adult $42
Active Older Adult $58
ADD-ON MEMBERSHIP OPTION
Family memberships have the option of adding extended household members onto their monthly membership for a fee of $15 per person per month. Extended household members must provide same-address verification in the form of a valid driver’s license or two pieces of official mail such as; a bill, insurance paperwork, or school transcripts. Primary member is responsible for this added fee and must notify the YMCA of any household changes. Only the primary member can make additions, changes or cancellations to membership.
DAY PASS RATES
Youth Under 3 are FREE
Youth (ages 3-14): $5
Adult (ages 15+): $8
EXPERIENCE IT TOGETHER
20-20 MEMBER REFERRAL
Refer a friend who joins the YMCA and you BOTH reduce your membership rate by 20%!
Help strengthen our community by inviting your friends to join the YMCA. After all, the Y is more fun and 20% cheaper with a friend!
When a member helps us to create a healthier community by referring a new member, BOTH the member and their friend who joins the Y will receive a 20% reduction off the standard rate of membership.
Any member in good standing who pays standard-rate membership dues through monthly draft can invite a friend to join and qualify for the 20/20 Member Referral.
Should one of the memberships be cancelled, the remaining member will have 30 days to find a new referral and continue to receive the discount.
Current YMCA member must obtain a Member Referral Card from the Y Member Services Desk to share with a friend.
*Not valid on Youth, SilverSneakers, Short Term, Silver & Fit, Staff, Annual or Open Door Memberships. Referred friend must be a new Mesabi YMCA Member; someone who has not had a membership within the last 6 months.
We offer a free family membership for families of deployed servicemen/women. All other active military servicemen/women receive a $20 reduction of their monthly membership fees. No Joiner Fee applies to Active Military memberships. Proof of active status is required at the time of membership activation. This membership option applies to active military servicemen/servicewomen and their dependents.
INSURANCE INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
Eligible members can qualify for a free Y membership or a credit of up to $20/month toward their Y bank draft membership. Check with your insurance plan to see if you qualify. The Joiner Fee is waived for those enrolling in one of our insurance incentive programs at the time of membership activation. We offer the following programs: Medica Fit Choices, BCBS of MN Blue Print for Heatlth, HealthPartners Frequent Fitness Program, PreferredOne, UCare-MNSure, SilverSneakers Fitness Program, Silver & Fit.
OPEN DOORS PROGRAM
Strengthening Community Is Our Cause
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At the Y, no child, family or adult is turned away. We recognize that for communities to succeed, everyone must be given the opportunity to be healthy, confidence, connected and secure.
At the Y, we believe lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. Our Open Doors program is made possible through generous donations from individuals, businesses and foundations opening a world of Y programs and activities for you and your family including: membership, healthy living programs, youth sports, summer day camp, out of school time programs and more.
Download our OPEN DOORS PROGRAM APPLICATION here.
Supporting our Open Doors program is easy – visit www.ymca.net/give to make a charitable contribution online.
The Y reserves the right to cancel one class per session when necessary due to severe weather, unsafe conditions, etc. without a credit given. If two or more classes are canceled in a program session a credit or make-up day will be offered. The Y will issue a refund for classes that are canceled due to low enrollment. Membership fees are not refundable or transferable.